Jobs4.0 (www.jobs4point0.com)

Jobs4.0 (www.jobs4point0.com)

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Job Seeker Emails

Here are emails that I have received:
From SM, Florida:
"Thank you! I read about you and your new company on MSN.com. -it's a great idea!
I live in South FL and have 30 years exp in the medical device and biotech industry and have
been sending resumes for months without even one interview.
I will continue to check the site and if I can help you out in any way, please let me know.
Good Luck and Continued Success!" December 24, 2006, 2:50 PM

From DL, Illinois:
"It is good to see someone making an effort to help out a group of people that is discriminated against on a routine basis. While there are laws that are suppose to protect those of us over 40 they are not very effective.

I lost my job last April after 7.5 years of service which included above average ratings my last 2 years. New management was brought in and it seems the more "Senior" people started having all sorts of problems. I have talked to other people and have found this to be a disturbing pattern within my previous company.

In an effort to support my family I am now looking to change careers if needed.

Once again thanks for your effort." December 24, 2006, 5:40 PM.

Bill, SF
"Though I'm over 40 and currently employed, I've seen first hand how companies (especially in the High Tech industry) can age discriminate. It definitely seems the cut off is around 41 or so. I read the article about you and your company on MSNBC and love it. Keep up the great work (and if you need volunteers, or what not, I'd be happy to help in what ever way possible)."
December 25 2006 9:36 PM

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been downsized twice from the Mortgage market in 4 years. I have more than 20 years in Inside Sales and Admin experience. I've spent the past 5 months sending resumes out and working with agencies. It's so very frustrating when you go on a interview and then they pick someone younger. That just happened to me last week.

I'm trying to stay positive and keep plugging away at it. Hopefully with the new year upon us I will find a job/career and a company who values a 49 year old with with experience and a great work ethic.